Academies @ Englewood | 274 Knickerbocker Road | Englewood, NJ 07031 | Tel : 201.862.6133 | Fax : 201-833-6168
STEPS IN THE ADMISSIONS PROCESS
If you have any further questions, please contact Leslie Eaton, Admissions Program Manager, at 201.862.6269 or email at:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to download an application. Students must file applications by Wednesday, November 23, 2016. The application can be completed online and emailed to email@example.com OR printed and mailed to:
ACADEMIES @ ENGLEWOOD
Leslie Eaton, ADMISSIONS
274 Knickerbocker Road
Englewood, NJ 07631
- Click here to view ONLINE application instructions.
- Parents/guardians of out-of-district students must file a Notice of Intent to Participate in the School Choice Program with their home district superintendent by Thursday, December 1, 2016. Download the Notice of Intent, PRINT, and file form with your home district superintendent. Download the Notice of Intent.
- The application requires that the applicant’s district provide information to the Academies @ Englewood and also requires two letters of recommendation, one from a math teacher and one from a humanities teacher. Click here to download an application for the district. Click here to download the recommendation for the math teacher and here for the humanities teacher.
- The entrance test for the Academies @ Englewood program will take place on Saturday, November 19, 2016 (9am) and Sunday, November 20, 2016 (1:30pm) on the campus of Dwight Morrow High School. The applicant only needs to take the test on one of those days. Make up Entrance tests will be on December 8 and 13, 2016, 4:30PM - 7:30PM.Click for Entrance Test Flier
- Applicants are also required to be interviewed. Interviews will take place on Thursday, December 8 and Tuesday, December 13, 2016 from 5:00PM - 7:00PM. (Candidates will be notified of interview date/time at the entrance test.)
- Students will be notified of their acceptance or rejection by the middle of January 2017. Students who are accepted must file a Notice of Intent to Enroll with the Academies @ Englewood program by the end of January 2017. Waiting list students will receive notice of acceptance by mid-April.
ADMISSIONS TO THE ACADEMIES @ ENGLEWOOD
The Academies @ Englewood program serves the children of Englewood and Englewood Cliffs as well as students from over 30 Bergen County districts and districts outside Bergen County.
The Interdistrict Public School Choice Program allows students who live outside Englewood and Englewood Cliffs to apply to the Academies @ Englewood. To be eligible, a student must be enrolled at the time of application in a public school of his/her district of residence and must have attended public school in the district of residence for at least one year immediately preceding enrollment in the choice district. (All acceptances are conditional on re-authorization of the Interdistrict Public School Choice Program.)
Englewood and Englewood Cliffs residents are exempt from this requirement; that is, students who live in Englewood or Englewood Cliffs who attend private or parochial school are eligible for admission to the Academies@Englewood.
Click here for an overview of all Academy programs.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.